Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rocky I and Rocky II


After catching the same cat twice in our live animal cage we decided to change tactics. Sunday night we baited the cage with some very ripe tomato. I had to buy the tomatoes at our local farmers market since the "thief" stole ours. Monday morning we awoke to find Rocky in our live trap animal cage.

Oh dear, now what do we do? We don't own a truck anymore and I sure did not want the nasty raccoon and cage in our card. Hmmm. This is what we decided to do...........


As I worried at home my husband and Rocky took off to find him/her a new home. They found a nice woodsy place across a major highway and about 5 miles from our home. When the cage was opened Rocky sauntered out and waddled toward the woods, hopefully in search of a new home.

After hearing tales of whole raccoon families living in our area we decided to set the cage again last night. This morning we found this lovely creature in the cage and named him/her Rocky II.



He looked meaner than Rocky I but was just as docile when released in the same wilderness area. Maybe the ride on top of the car traumatizes them. Here's hoping Rocky I and Rocky II find each other and make a new home out there in the woods!

We sure hope there is not a Rocky III, IV and so on. This could get old fast!! Certainly there is a better way to protect our garden from marauders.

2 comments:

Bet said...

glad all worked out...you can bet there are more rockys out there.
bet

Anonymous said...

You have had quite a time with your local wildlife! I hope you will eventually be able to get on with your plans for a garden.