This is the beginning of my newest quilt project. The friendship stars came from a monthly block swap at Lavendar Mountain Quilt Guild in Rome, Georgia. This was back in 1996 - 1997 and I have just never figured out what to do with them.
Recently I gave a demonstration, at my guild Stitch 'N Share, of one of Sharyn Craig's block setting methods called Twist 'N Turn. For the center blocks pulled out my collection of friendship star blocks for the centers. I'm loving the way they are turning out.
For anyone interested in this method, it may be found in the book Twist 'N Turn by Sharyn Craig. The book contains many ideas and other methods for setting. The one I used is the first one in the book and for me is by far the easiest because it does not require cutting triangles, only rectangles.
This will be an ongoing project since I must work on it between other sewing projects such as dresses, shorts, boxers, tooth fairy pillows, etc for my grandchildren.
I will show more pictures as this quilt grows.
5 comments:
I love your blocks. Yummy quilt :)
I also just posted what's on my design wall a little late. Love those twisty stars!
I love the twist and turn stars! Hope you summer is going well!
I enjoyed looking at your blocks! It's motivating me to pull out my fabric and get going again! :-) I'm new to your blog but I'm sure I'll be back to visit again. I signed up so I'll get notified when you post. I think we have a lot in common.
Lyn, this is very nice.
Post a Comment