Happy Anniversary Lory, Helen, Verla, Joan, Carol, Diana, Hattie, Lyn, Chickie, Louise, Peggy and Lynne!Although I don't remember the exact date, these twelve beautiful friends celebrate their 10th Anniversary as a group in the early months of this year!
We were a diverse group of ladies put together as a "bee" by our quilt guild. We did have a couple of ladies who moved on and a few who moved in but these twelve ladies will forever remain in my heart as the Wednesday Wonders.
As the name suggests we met on Wednesdays, every Wednesday, and made quilts, ate, gossiped, ate, shared smiles and tears, ate, and generally held each other up.
In 2003 my husband and I moved back to Georgia and I have not been able to see these special ladies since but I will always consider these special ladies among my dearest friends.
At our last meeting before I moved away the Wednesday Wonders surprised me with this beautiful quilt. I have taken many naps under it and feel surrounded by their love and warmth every time. It has also been the favorite quilt for my precious granddaughter, Skylar, to nap under when she visits. That sweet baby girl, who was once the guest of honor at one of our luncheons, is now seven and too old for naps but she still loves the quilt.
Thank you special ladies for the beautiful quilt and my treasured memories of each of you and your friendships.
2 comments:
THAT IS A HAPPY GROUP OF LADIES.
I need to figure out how long our SASS group has been meeting.
Anniversaries are always good to celebrate.
BET
What a beautiful and wonderful group of friends! I hope they are able to see this blog post about them.
Post a Comment