Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Up, Up and Away

Well not exactly away but up, up anyway. Up stairs to our bonus room. Two years ago we moved my Quilt Studio down stairs into our third bedroom because of my complaining so much about climbing the stairs. Well I did like not having to climb the stairs and liked being closer to the action downstairs but have never liked the cramped space. My fabric was crowded into a closet and it was hard to see and much of it was hard to reach. Also, if my cutting table was opened out the ironing board had to moved against a wall!

This weekend I finally convinced my darling husband that the upstairs studio really was best.


I really do feel bad about his aching back but we are taking it slow and he will get some help with moving my Horn sewing table, which weighs a ton, upstairs and switching the tv cabinets. He has already moved the bed downstairs along with lots of fabric, shelves, cutting table and ironing board. He is a doll! I really do appreciate him so I just baked some brownies for him!

Maybe he will let me have one also!

Stay tuned. I will post some pictures of my new spacious studio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great when you finally get things right. Sometimes it takes a few trials and errors!

Bet said...

AWESOME PLAN IN ACTION.
YOU do need the extra space for CREATING your quilts.
Cute that Bruce works for BROWNIES.
I look forward to photos of the new studio set upstairs again.
GOOD JOB.
BET